Thanks for your interest, but this contest is now
closed. To find other great contests and giveaways from ajc.com, go
Contest ends on Sunday, May 29.
Show full rules
2011 AJC-Universal Orlando Promotion
OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the state of Georgia 21 years or older at the time of entry. Employees of Cox Enterprises, Inc. d/b/a The Atlanta Journal-Constitution and Universal Orlando® Resort and each of their respective affiliated companies, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees (“Sweepstakes Entities”), are not eligible to enter or to win. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, and grandchildren.
3. How To Enter. The Sweepstakes begins on May 2 at 12:01 am EST and ends on May 29, 2011 at 11:59pm EST (“Entry Period”). One entry per person regardless of method of entry during the Entry Period. Enter by visiting the AJC-Universal Orlando Sweepstakes official registration page on the ajc.com website: www.accessatlanta.com/contests and correctly completing all of the required information on the entry form. You may enter only once; multiple entries and entries entered by means of software generated or other automated processes will be disregarded.
Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the email account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an email account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such email account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with such email account. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an email account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes.
4. Winner Selection. The Sponsor will randomly draw one (1) Grand Prize winner from all eligible online entries on or about Monday, May 30, 2011. Decisions of Sponsor shall be final and binding in all respects. All winners are considered potential winners until all necessary documents and releases are signed. The potential winner will be notified by phone and/or email and must meet all eligibility requirements including the execution and return of all necessary releases and affidavits. If the potential winner does not respond to notification attempts to contact him/her within twenty-four hours after notification is sent, an alternate winner may be selected at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Notification is deemed sent when an email is sent by Sponsor or a telephone message is left by Sponsor, whichever occurs first.
5. PRIZE: There will be one (1) Prize (“Prize”) awarded. Prize winner (“Winner”) will receive a four (4) day, three (3) night trip for Winner and up to three (3) guests (“Guest(s)”) to Universal Orlando® Resort in Orlando, Florida. Trip will include round trip coach class air transportation for Winner and up to three (3) Guests from a major commercial airport near Winner’s home (as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion) to Orlando, FL; three (3) nights standard hotel accommodation (one room, double occupancy room and tax only) at an on-site hotel (as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion); ground transportation to and from airport and hotel in Orlando, FL; and 3-Day/2-Park Tickets for both Universal Orlando Theme Parks for Winner and up to three (3) Guests. The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Trip is three thousand one hundred and twenty-nine dollars and sixty cents ($3129.60). If Winner elects to partake in any or all portions of his/her Prize with fewer than thee (3) guests or no Guest, the Prize will be awarded to Winner and each participating Guest and any remainder of the Prize will be forfeited and shall not be subject to further or alternative compensation.All elements of the Prize must be redeemed at the same time, and no changes will be permittedafter confirmation of any redemption. If Winner is between the ages of eighteen (18) and twenty-one (21), he/she must be accompanied by an adult of at least twenty-one (21) years of age in order to check into the on-site hotel. Specific travel dates and arrangements are subject to air travel, holiday, blackout dates, and other prize and travel restrictions. Trip must be completed within one (1) year of notification or Prize will be forfeited. Reservations are subject to availability. Trip must be booked at least sixty (60) days prior to intended departure date. Travel dates are subject to Prize Provider and Sponsor approval. ARV of Prize may vary depending upon the points of departure, ground transportation, and/or airline fare fluctuations; any difference between stated ARV and final ARV of Prize will not be awarded. Prize consists only of the elements expressly set forth above; no other elements or expenses (including, without limitation, insurance, meals, unspecified ground transportation, phone calls, gratuities, incidentals, souvenirs, gasoline, etc.) are included in the Prize and all such expenses are the sole responsibility of Winner. Winner is responsible for any air travel taxes and/or expenses, including applicable departure taxes or fees, inspection charges, and security charges. Once issued, tickets are nontransferable and may not be reissued once travel has commenced. Open tickets may not be issued and stopovers are not permitted. Travel arrangements must be made through Prize Provider. All Prize elements must be redeemed at the same time.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Winner and guests are responsible for all expenses and taxes not included in the prize package set forth above, including without limitation, transportation, parking, souvenirs, incidentals, tips, food and beverages and other personal expenses. The reporting and payment of any tax liabilities incurred by the entrant as a result of this Sweepstakes and any prize(s) won are the sole responsibility of the entrant. No substitution or transfer of prize(s) or cash redemptions permitted by winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of like value in the event the described prizes, or any portion thereof, is unavailable for any reason whatsoever.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Winner will be notified by telephone and/or e-mail according to the above chart. Sponsor will call only once during regular business hours at number provided on entry form and will leave no messages. Failure to reach winner during this call may result in disqualification of winner, forfeiture of his or her interest in all prizes, and selection of a substitute winner from among all remaining eligible entries. The winner agrees, upon accepting prizes, to a photo opportunity and interview by an employee and/or contractor of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Photo and interview become property of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Winner may waive their right to receive prizes. Winner may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned within three (3) days of notification or prior to receipt of prize, whichever comes first. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release within three (3) days, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner’s consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation. Prizes won and not claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor. In the event more winner notifications are issued, or more winning prize claims are received, than the number of prizes set forth in these Official Rules due to computer, printing, seeding, human, or other error or problem, Sponsor may select an alternate winner to award the proper number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules.
7. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sweepstakes judges. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date.
8. Disclaimer; Limitation of Liability. By entering the Sweepstakes, participants acknowledge and agree that the Sweepstakes Entities will not be liable for any claims, losses or injuries of any kind resulting from or arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or the acceptance, possession, use and/or misuse of any prize(s) .
9. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
10. Sponsor. The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Cox Enterprises, Inc. d/b/a The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. The decisions of Sponsor and Sweepstakes judges regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Sweepstakes Entities will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Sweepstakes. If you have any questions regarding this Sweepstakes, please contact Sonia Edwards, 223 Perimeter Center Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30346.